Friday, October 20, 2006

Ultimate NW Training Bike

I've been kicking around the idea of building high zoot rain bikes for the crapped out weather we get around here for 5 months at a time. There's been a ton of interest but who really wants to spend a grip of cash on a custom bike that they are going to beat the hell out of? I found one guy and he's stoked.

It'll be a sweet ride. I figure the bike will match the riders race bike in fit and relative handling but the frame will have special enhancements to make winter life better. Including disc brakes, 135mm rear spacing and extra fender clearance not to mention that custom steel feel. Sure this bike will need a special wheelset, but don't all rain bikes? I should make an interesting project. I hope this is the catalyst that sparks some more sales.

I'll post some pictures as the build goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trek Portland, Redline Disc-R, Kona Sutra - none are a cool as a custom steel road. Make the rear 132.5 and you can go either way with the wheels.