Thursday, September 21, 2006

Frame Building

I haven't really had much to say about the progress of Marcroft Cycles lately. I've sold some bikes, I have some others waiting in the wings to make purchases. Things are starting to roll along a little bit.

I read today that another custom frame builder is throwing in the towel. There seems to be a disturbing number of builders closing their doors this year. It makes my second guess this line of work as a full time profession. I'm going to adjust my goals for Marcroft Cycles. Instead of doing 100+ bikes a year I think I want to focus on doing about 25-30 per year. I think that is an attainable number that I can do while still working for 'the man'.

It's a good thing I haven't burnt all the bridges at Garmin. I'll need to remain gainfully employed there for some time to come.

No comments: