Friday, January 27, 2006

What A Releif

so, my dad and I went to Springfield to check out a Bridgeport mill. I wasn't getting my hopes up for this machine to be the right one. When we arived at this dudes place he took us to hs back yard where he had the shop. This yard was nasty, tons of leaves rotting on the ground, an old dune buggy in the corner of the lot. This wasn't you normal setting for buying a machine tool. As we entered the shop he explained to us that he was in the proccess of moving back into tis shop from his old location in Eugene. Fair enough, that explains the mess. We made our way to the far end of the building into a bay that was filled with machines. New mills, old mills, CNC mills, mills that had gone though fires, probably $150K worth of equipment. We zig-zagged between machine to the one he thought I might be most interested in. I was a beauty. I had to restrian myself from yelling out within the first 30 seconds, "I'll take it!" We talked back and forth about the mill and its history and what needed to be done to it, then I said "1300 bucks huh, well, I guess I'll take it." Hell yah I'll take it! I scored big time. He told me later that if he did any work to it it would be listed for $2000+.

This is the final piece to the Marcroft Cycles puzzle. I'll be up and building bike in my garage by the second week of February. It looks like I might actually get my demo/race bike done for the first race of the season.

No comments: